Since March 1, 1995, the newly restored rooms of the Court have hosted renowned artists, writers, and politicians. Many spectacular Polish and international events take place here.
In the Great Room, hundreds of Toruń's citizens applauded the Nobel Prize winner Czesław Miłosz - poet, novelist, essayist, and translator, Tadeusz Różewicz - poet, prose writer and dramatist, the Toruń-born pianist Regina Smendzianka, pianist Janusz Olejniczak, pianist Rafał Blechacz, violin virtuoso Vadim Brodski, and many other eminent artists. Artus Court was also visited by several Polish presidents: Lech Wałęsa, Aleksander Kwaśniewski, Ryszard Kaczorowski, and Lech Kaczyński.
The Artus Court Cultural Centre offers Toruń's citizens and guests a variety of very inspiring cultural events. The building also hosts symposia, conferences, conventions, exhibitions, and events devoted to different nations.
We invite you to the Artus Court Cultural Centre for events in the following series:
- International Violin Competition
- International Festival FORTE piano
- Artus Jazz Festival
- Masters of Concert Stages
- Toruń's Culture Academy
- Toruń My Town
- Young Musicians' Stage
- The World and its Neighborhood
- A literary competition - For a Leaf of the Lily of the Valley
as well as
- Meetings with authors - literary evenings
The Artus Court' Cultural Centre has at its disposal:
- the Great Room with balconies (350 seats, 18x13x11 m) and stage (6x11 m)
- the Small Room with a balcony (150 seats, 14x8x5,5 m)
- the Silver Room (40 seats)
- the Raspberry Room (120 seats, 13x7x5,5 m)
- the Mirror Room (20 seats)
- café, foyer, cloak rooms, hall
- back offices, washrooms, and toilets.
We hope that not only will you attend some of the events at the Artus Court during your stay in Toruń but that you will also consider holding your own events in our Centre. Should you be interested in renting our rooms, please contact the Artus' Court, who will be delighted to advise you on the facilities available and to discuss booking arrangements.